On Sept. 24, 2022, throughout the 2022 United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Uncooked Professional in North Kansas Metropolis, MO, Jamal Browner efficiently locked out a uncooked 455-kilogram (1,003-pound) deadlift. The mark extends Browner’s personal World File within the 110-kilogram division by 14.4 kilograms (31.9 kilos). He’s the second-ever males’s athlete to deadlift a minimum of 1,000 kilos in a full uncooked powerlifting meet, after Danny Grigsby, who notched the feat in late March 2022.
By the top of the competitors, in a first-place efficiency, Browner’s staggering pull helped him set an all-time uncooked World File complete of 1,052.5 kilograms (2,320.45 kilos) within the 110-kilogram class. He surpassed Derek Thistlethwaite, who initially leaped over Browner for the file with a 1,002.4-kilogram (2,210.1-pound) complete from the 2022 World Uncooked Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) American Pro. Browner used a sumo stance and wore only a lifting belt to assist him together with his deadlift accomplishment. He additionally used the uncomfortable however efficient hook grip, sandwiching every thumb between his fingers and the barbell, for strengthened grip energy:
Browner did virtually additional prolong his file with a 467.2 kilogram (1,030-pound) third deadlift try however couldn’t efficiently end the lockout. Along with his complete World File and extension of the 110-kilogram division’s all-time deadlift determine, Browner scored private competitors bests on his back squat and bench press.
Right here’s a rundown of the athlete’s full efficiency from the 2022 USPA Uncooked Professional:
Jamal Browner (110KG) | 2022 USPA Uncooked Professional Prime Stats
- Squat — 370 kilograms (815.8 kilos) | Private Competitors Finest
- Bench Press — 227.5 kilograms (501.6 kilos) | Private Competitors Finest
- Deadlift — 455 kilograms (1,003 kilos) | All-Time Uncooked World File
- Complete — 1,052.5 kilograms (2,320.45 kilos) | All-Time Uncooked World File
His World Data apart, Browner has been in pursuit of the 1,000-pound deadlift in a sanctioned meet for a while. The powerlifter has captured pulls of a minimum of 1,000 kilos in previous training periods, however he by no means managed the achievement in an official aggressive capability. That’s till now.
Right here’s an outline of a few of Browner’s noteworthy profession outcomes:
Jamal Browner | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2017 North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) Arnold A7 Bar Grip Uncooked Professional Problem (Juniors/Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2018 USPA North American Championships (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2020 WRPF Hybrid Showdown II (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Hybrid Showdown III (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 WRPF The Bucked Up Showdown (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 USPA Uncooked Professional (Open/Uncooked) — First place
In a Sept. 27, 2022, video on his YouTube channel that seemed to be recorded throughout the 2022 USPA Uncooked Professional, Browner mirrored on his total efficiency.
“I beat the outdated [110-kilogram weight class] file by over 40 kilograms, so it needs to be out of attain for now,” stated a beaming Browner. “My deadlift held up, my fingers are good, no rips, no tears. I’m joyful. I nonetheless need extra, however I’m joyful. I’m content material. For now.”
Browner hasn’t introduced plans for his subsequent competitors on the time of this writing however did word that he can be “again to work” quickly in his newest video. No matter one in all powerlifting’s superstars has in retailer subsequent, it’s prone to be one other eye-opening efficiency.
Featured picture: @jamal_b15 on Instagram