64-Year-Old Powerlifter Dora Justice Breaks National Bench Press Record at 2022 Master’s Nationals
On June 18, 2022, powerlifter Dora Justice (57KG) scored a bench press of 72.5 kilograms (159.8 kilos) in the course of the 2022 Powerlifting America (AMP) Traditional (Uncooked) Sub-Junior, Junior, and Grasp Nationals in Orlando, FL. Justice’s uncooked bench press mark is a brand new Nationwide Document within the Masters Tier 3 aggressive class.
The 64-year-old Justice’s show of chest strength on the bench press helped her ultimately attain second place in her division, as she additionally accomplished every of her 9 carry makes an attempt. Fellow Texan Lynne Homan took dwelling first place in Justice’s division.
[Related: How To Build Muscle: The Training And Diet Guide For Beginners And Advanced Lifters]
Justice at a Look
Justice’s outcomes from the 2022 AMP Masters Nationals align with a lot of her aggressive profession. Listed here are her prime stats from this contest:
Dora Justice | 2022 AMP Traditional (Uncooked) Masters Nationals Prime Stats
- Squat — 70 kilograms (154.3 kilos)
- Bench Press — 72.5 kilograms (159.8 kilos) | Masters Uncooked Tier 3 Nationwide Document
- Deadlift — 99.9 kilograms (220.4 kilos)
- Whole — 242.5 kilograms (534.6 kilos)
Justice has featured as a aggressive powerlifter for practically twenty years, particularly in bench press contests. Her first-ever competitors was whereas lifting as a Masters 45-49 athlete in the course of the 2003 World Powerlifting Federation (WPF) World Championships. At the moment, Justice glided by the title “Dora Puente.” Based on Open Powerlifting, her aggressive title shift occurred in Might 2019.
All through her prolonged profession, Justice has maintained a sterling file, solely falling in need of first place in three situations. Listed here are among the extra noteworthy outcomes from her powerlifting resume:
Dora Justice | Noteworthy Profession Outcomes
- WPF World Championships (Single) — First place (2003, 2006; Masters 45-49) (2008; Masters 50-54)
- 2007 WPF World Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships (Single) — First place | Masters 50-54
- 2009 North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) North American Bench Press Championships (Single) — First place | Masters 2
- 2011 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Longhorn Open (Uncooked) — First place | Masters 2
- 2012 USAPL State Championships (Uncooked) — First place | Masters 2
- 2017 NAPF North American Bench Press Championships (Single) — First place
- 2019 Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Bench Press Championships (Uncooked) — Second place | Masters 3 and Open
- 2019 USAPL Bench Nationals (Uncooked and Single) — First place
- 2020 USAPL Iron Wars (Uncooked) — First place | Masters 3
- 2020 USAPL Winter Warfare of Waco (Single) — First place | Masters
- 2021 USAPL Uncooked and Geared up Bench Nationals — First place | Masters 3
- 2022 AMP Bench Press Nationals (Uncooked and Single) — First place | Masters 3
- 2022 AMP Masters Nationals (Uncooked) — Second place | Masters 3
[Related: The Best Bodyweight Workouts For Muscle, Strength, Conditioning, And More]
On the time of this writing, Justice has not confirmed when her subsequent competitors will likely be. Although, in accordance with the Powerlifting America Instagram feed, Justice was an viewers favourite due to her power earlier than and after lifts. Given Justice’s evident pleasure for her craft in thoughts, it appears possible the Masters powerlifter will likely be smiling and locking out large weight on a sanctioned platform once more quickly.
Featured picture: powerlifting_america on Instagram