19-Year-Old Powerlifter Max Shethar (140KG) Breaks 2 World Records in Teen 18-19 Division
On June 11, 2022, powerlifter Max Shethar (140KG) deadlifted 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos) through the 2022 United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Matt Hurley Drug Examined Memorial Meet in Helena, MT. The pull from a conventional stance — the place Shethar wore a lifting belt — is a new World Document for the Teen 18-19 division and is the heaviest-ever deadlift achieved by a 19-year-old, per Open Powerlifting.
Along with his new report deadlift, Shethar’s remaining whole of 907.2 kilograms (2,000 kilos) is a new World Document for the Teen 18-19 division. Shethar owned the earlier high determine when he notched an 882.5-kilogram (1,945.6-pound) whole on the 2021 USPA Ragnarok Invite II.
[Related: How To Build Muscle: The Training And Diet Guide For Beginners And Advanced Lifters]
Listed below are Shethar’s high stats from the competitors:
Max Shethar (140KG) | 2022 USPA Matt Hurley Drug Examined Memorial Meet Prime Stats
- Squat — 334.7 kilograms (738 kilos) | Private Document (PR)
- Bench Press — 207.3 kilograms (457 kilos) | PR
- Deadlift — 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos) | World Document (Teen 18-19 division)
- Complete — 907.2 kilograms (2,000 kilos) | World Document (Teen 18-19 division)
Shethar is accustomed to breaking data on sanctioned platforms and lifting staggering weights throughout coaching periods. In Might 2018, when Shethar was 15-years-old, he squatted 260 kilograms (575 kilos). Then, in October 2019, he was the youngest athlete ever to deadlift 327.5 kilograms (722 kilos). Lastly, in Might 2020, at 17, Shethar captured a 283.5-kilogram (625-pound) deadlift double PR.
The Pacific Northwest native’s strength has solely continued to enhance since then. In response to the caption of Shethar’s deadlift publish on his Instagram, his latest pull is a new PR by roughly 33 kilos. That assertion provides up as he pulled 350 kilograms (771.6 kilos) on the 2021 USPA Ragnarok Invite II.
About Max Shethar
Regardless of his youth, Shethar has already constructed fairly the resume for a younger powerlifter. In seven profession competitions, he’s undefeated, ending in first place in each occasion. Right here’s Shethar’s full catalog of outcomes to this point:
Max Shethar | Full Profession Outcomes
- 2017 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Washington State Championships (93KG) — First place | Teen 1 division
- 2018 USAPL Washington State Championships (125KG) — First place | Teen 1 division
- 2018 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (125KG)— First place | Teen 2 division
- 2019 USPA Drug Examined Washington State Open (140KG) — First place | Teen 16-17 division
- 2021 USPA Ragnarok Invite II (140KG) — First place | Open
- 2022 Large Iron Basic State Championships (140KG) — First place | Open
- 2022 USPA Matt Hurley Drug Examined Memorial Meet (140KG) — First place | Teen 18-19 division
[Related: Powerlifter Tiffany Chapon (47KG) Breaks 3 World Records At 2022 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships]
On the time of this writing, Shethar has not introduced his subsequent competitors. Each time that contest comes, it appears doubtless he’ll proceed to scribble his identify everywhere in the report books.
Featured picture: @the_one_rep_max on Instagram